Oct 5, 2008

All-night prayer

I went to the annual 12-hr prayer thing last night. I didn't stay for the whole 12 hours though. We had worship time, sharing, and prayer time throughout the night. It was a great time because we can quiet our hearts to really pray to God and think of who He is. One thing that God showed me through the prayer time was that I should not be self-centered but to love people like Jesus does. A lot of times, I have lots of worries because I don't trust God enough and I am worried that I won't get the things that I need or want in life. I am unwilling to give up my sleep to spend more time with God in devotion. I want to know how the Bible can help me live a better life. ALL these are for me, not God or other people. I need to get rid of this selfishness and let God be the One I live for.

No comments: