Nancy Leigh DeMoss, the speaker this morning reminded me of the priority of a daily devotional life.
She gave us a challenge to have devotion every day for the next 30 days and I will do it. It means not just running out of the room to class with a quick verse from a Psalm and not prayer on the run to "save time". It is an intentional time that I set out each day to seek God--to listen to what He wants to tell me and to receive and respond in worship.
some points that I took from the message:
-the appointment with God in the morning really starts the night before: that means going to bed earlier so I won't have to blow off the hour with God the next morning because I need more sleep.
-don't be like Martha, who is anxious about so many things and so busy doing good things that she does not have time to listen to God.
-you get to be more like Jesus when you spend time with Him, just like how you become more similar to a close friend when you spend so much time together.
相比较之下 . . .
5 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment