Feb 3, 2010

Holy hunger

Some of us don't hunger for God because we have been taking junk food (things of the world that we feed on--things that we try to satisfy ourselves with) daily. Holy hunger is an acquired appetite so the more you taste the goodness of God, the more you will hunger for Him. The more you hunger for God, the less you hunger for the things that compete with your attention for God.
Anyway, a lot of times I struggle with having the desire to know God more because I would rather watch a movie etc than read my Bible and I don't understand that but I realize that I need to acquire a taste for spiritual hunger by really seeking God and asking Him to show His glory so I can be transformed.

This is what I've learned tonight from Pastor Mark Jobe's sermon.
ps: This week is Founder's Week, which means our school invite speakers to come and speak and we go learn.
The theme this year is "Seeking God's Heart".

No comments: