I went to a weekend retreat at Beechpoint camp in Michigan with the MBI WCC. When I found out that we actually have a retreat so soon(even before the classes start), I didn't felt like going but it turned out great!
Arriving at the camp with our pillows and bags..

We went there using the blue vans. The blue car belongs to Ms. Hong, our choir conductor. She is actually from Singapore and she is such a nice and friendly person!

There's a wooden bear beside the lake..

The weather was beautiful so we could just read our bible and relax under the sun or trees.

Playground and cabins.

We had a campfire that night and had marshmellows with crackers and chocolate. We sang songs around the fire and just thanked God for His wonderful love.

The flowers are so pretty... God is amazing! Nature is amazing!

The lake..

I'm in love with nature..

Morning time...

Our lunch..

Worship time..our theme this year is peace and grace.

This cat just sat there and welcomed us..

Enjoying lunch..Julie and Claire. They're MKs from Mexico and the Philippines.

Playing the name game to get to know people. There are three Sarahs and three Rachels in the choir. haa..this kind of situation makes me appreciate my name even more..cos it's more special.
the person beside the pink girl with her hand up is Ms. Hong.

The place where we had our choir practice and sharing time.

Getting ready to sing!

The room with bunk beds that we slept in.

We had games and skits, prayer time, sharing, boat-paddling in the lake too. I have to get the pictures from someone else so I'll post them in the future. The camp was really great cos we got to know each other better and prepare ourselves to evangelize through choir in the future. We'll have choir practices three times per week. God is just wonderful! I actually wanna write more about what I learned in the retreat, but I need to go sleep as classes start tomorrow morning. I'm excited to start school!!
No comments:
Post a Comment