Aug 21, 2008

First few days at Moody

My first impression of Moody the same place at night(viewed from my dorm)
CPO obviously, where I hope to receive mails
student dining room(SDR). I just got a job as a dining room worker here. praise God! I'll be doing things like serving food, cleaning the tables, etc.
on the 2nd day of orientation, we went around Chicago city to do scavenger hunt. We were assigned several locations/landmarks that we had to go to get our pictures taken and the theme for our group was "cops and robbers". They are all international students or missionary kids.
MBI
went up to the roof top of my dorm for pizza dinner.
it's pretty cool to see the buildings around MBI. The black building is the Hancock building.
some other international students/MKs on the roof top.
the water tower place which is one of the attractions in Chicago(taken during the scavenger hunt). buildings at night
a hotel with Hancock building behind.
I never know there's horse carriage rides in Chicago too!
Chocolate!! didn't went in though..haa..
A cow with ladybird skin climbing up the wall of a building. How weird is that?
Moody Church. Went there for sunday service.
Inside the church
International students and MKs having picnic in the plaza.
People watching the air and water show. The beach was packed!
My new friends(some of them):
This is Susan. She's from Honduras. She's on the same floor with me in the dorm. Vin Sie(She's from Malaysia too! I was actually surprised to know someone who's from there too. but she lived in Hong Kong for a long time.) Tony from Dominican Republic(he's a graduate student). Michelle from the Philippines(she's a graduate student too).
Haruna(from Japan) and Katie(from England).
The thing I was surprised about is that a lot of them are actually 20+ years old instead of 18 because some of them transferred from another college or worked before coming to study.
Today, the American students moved in. My roommate, Lana moved in today and she's really nice. She's doing a piano major and she's a really cheerful and chatty person(in a good way of course). Anyway, more updates later...till then, everyone take care ya!!

No comments: