
Candlelight carols ended last night. It was such a great experience to be a part of it (singing in the choir). The whole program pointed to Our Savior, a Savior for all people and the 2nd coming of Christ. I've been thinking a lot about the coming of Christ and the end times..when God would judge us and finally bring us into his eternal kingdom--the new heaven and new earth. Christ's coming is imminent, it can happen at any time. He will give us a new ressurected body and we will be with Him forever. The Day of the LORD is coming... several passages in the Bible, including the prophetic books in the OT and NT talk about it. (i'm learning about the end times in class now and reading Old Testaments books that talk about the Day of the LORD.. this is a really brief summary of it: rapture of the Church, the bema seat of judgment where Christ will judge the believers according to their deeds, the marriage supper of the lamb in heaven for believers, the Tribulation on earth (7 yrs), the 2nd coming of Christ, the Millennium reign of Christ, and the final judgment at the Great white throne for unbelievers, and the eternal state). It's really humbling to learn about the coming glory of Christ and how we would be resurrected and judged. The realization of this truth changes my attitude of living. When you realize the imminence of Christ's coming, you will live differently. I'm more conscious of how I use my time and the things I do and say now..pray for me, so that I will not become apathetic and forget God's truth and pray that I will develop a close relationship with God..
thank you Lord, for coming as a baby to this world to save us and thank you for preparing a place for us in heaven where one day we will go to be with you.
Live in expectance of the Christ's coming!!!
this is a pic of the last song we were singing "In Majesty He will come" and the song is so powerful..it's my favorite song too.. (pic by dad)

Here are some pictures that I took during candlelight carols, or should i say during the free time we had before and in between the performances..our practice room before the real performance.. we had prayer time before the concerts to prepare our hearts and to pray for the audience..

this is our dress for this year..and this is JoAnna..

It was snowing yesterday, and this is the view from the big window..

still waiting...

most of us were reading cos we have finals coming up in a week...

Lana and Lisa...looking so elegant while they're reading...


the yellow bus that transports us from school to the church..thank God for the buses..it's not too fun walking in the long dresses in the snow.. but I did walk back to school last night..haa.. it wasn't too bad..
No comments:
Post a Comment