A lot of times, we just don't understand why things happen the way they do. Why do some people have to suffer and why do bad things happen in our lives. Sometimes, there seem to be so many obstacles to our plans... We have a lot of questions: questions such as "why are some people born in countries where they have to suffer poverty and live in an environment where they will most likely die without hearing the Gospel?" When we don't know the answers to these difficult life questions, it is easy for us to doubt God's goodness.
However, we cannot judge what is fair and unfair. We don't understand God's plan, because if we do, we are God.
This is what I learned in class today concerning our response to the difficult questions in life like those I just mentioned:
Don't be discouraged.
Instead, trust God 's sovereign mercy and justice.
Stand in awe before His mystery.
I read Luke 1:26-38 after the class for my devotion and God seems to be pointing to the fact that I can trust Him with everything and just humble myself before Him this Christmas season.
"36For nothing is impossible with God.
37 'I am the Lord's servant,' Mary answered. 'May it be to me as you have said.'"
Our God is bigger than we can ever grasp and think. He can do things that we think are impossible. His ways are higher than ours.
So, I challenge you to learn from Mary's example-to be humble and trust in God instead of trying to make sense of everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment