Jul 23, 2012

An update

So, I am probably going to York St. John University for a MA in Theology this coming September.
Praise God for His generous provision of a full tuition paid scholarship.
More than the happiness of receiving this financial award, I think I'm more amazed at how God still choose to be merciful to me by yet again proving His abundant providence in spite of my small faith. To be honest, I was getting impatient and tired of the wait, not knowing what I will be doing for the next stage in my life after graduation 7 months ago.
Uhm, I'm still scared to take the step to study theology because of the expectations that I might get after graduation but I think God is asking me to learn obedience and trust. It's so tempting to find another route that is more "normal" and "realistic" but since I know studying theology is worth the effort, I will just trust God to use me somehow with this major. Prayers are definitely appreciated because it is so easy for everything in my life to become something about me (my fears, my future, my worries...) but really, it is about God. I've been encouraged by testimonies of other people who have known and experienced God's love, people who run the race for the prize above. Life as a Christian is not always filled with warm and fuzzy feelings of joy but even in the midst of the hardest/loneliest times in your life, somehow God still finds a way to speak truth to you and make His unchanging presence real to you.
This post is not very cohesive since it's me trying to express some and all of the big/little things God is trying to teach me in the past year but I just want to express my gratitude to God and to y'all (my friends) who have encouraged me and prayed for me. The future is still uncertain, but it is certain because God is sovereign.

 

2 comments:

Jan Tie said...

Wow. Wonderful, Phebs! I'm glad for you! :) PTL!

HeeJin said...

I got thrilled while reading this post seriously, Phebe. I am greatly genuinely happy for you and your further study. :))))))