Jun 17, 2009

So much greater than you think He is

Too often, I say "I trust in the Lord" but I have doubts if God will work out the situation for me. I forget that the LORD, in whom I trust is the King who sits on the heavenly throne and the One who created everything. If we don't realize the God we trust in is a Mighty God and the Most High, no wonder we are still worried even after we say we trust God. Often, I tell a friend in hardships, "I'll pray for you" and "you can trust in God" but I feel like this is still not enough and I try to offer ways that maybe the friend can solve that problem. This shows how little faith I have in God and my lack of understanding of the greatness of our God. I am actually so stupid as to think that I can try to solve the problems rather than letting the God of Universe take care of the problems.

It's not until we realize who God is and what an Almighty God we serve then we can really trust in Him.

(thoughts after reading Psalms, seeing David's confidence in God and being reminded of God's majesty and greatness)

2 comments:

vv said...

i need to pray...
cos not praying doesnt work at all.

been putting God on pause. and sometimes thinking about involving Him in my life but not always.

i like to be control, all the time.
i need to stop that cos God wants me to lay myself down infront of Him and let Him guide me.

phebe said...

ya.. i was reminded by someone that day that when I feel anxious of "fan" or anything, the first thing I need to do is to kneel down and pray before God, to cry out and ask Him to help me, instead of letting that bad feeling keep growing inside of me.